Tuesday, April 24, 2018

4/24 - TIS' THE SEASON.....be a Boy Scout or pay the price.

Why is it fisherman (sort of). The travelling type. Vacationers, etc. NEVER want to be prepared?  Oh they'll show up with Gilligan's Island Provisions that fill a 200 quart cooler, they'll show up with enough beer. But they just think, "It won't rain, not on my fishing day!" 

FLORIDA RAINS A LOT! STARTING RIGHT NOW! 

YOU CAN BET, I HAVE ALL THE RAIN JACKET I NEED NEATLY CARRIED IN MY BOAT FOR SUCH AN OCCASION.

But, it was just the other day, and the threat of rain was emanate. I told the guy who booked the charter, "Hope you all brought some rain jackets (or something) just in case?"   His response, "well if it's gonna rain, then we aren't going!"

-that has to be the most UN-boy scout response I've heard in a long time.

Golfers carry a rain suit. Hunters going Elk hunting in the woods of Wyoming in the winter dress to stay warm.

Vacationing (once in awhile) fisherman, don't even want to be prepared!

I've dealt with this for over 20 years now.  What is the problem?
You're going out in "mother nature", she's unpredictable.
Why not at least try and not have your day ruined by getting soaked?

Yes, I have a MEGA-TOP on my boat now, it helps with light showers.
But in side ways rain, you'll get WET!

I DO NOT CANCEL CHARTERS FOR POTENTIAL RAIN. I DO NOT END THE DAY BECAUSE OF A LIGHT SHOWER.

this is Florida......the deep south (although no one thinks of it like that anymore)  It rains here a lot.

So, when I call you the day before with a weather HEADS-UP call between 4-6pm. I'll let you know what the weather could be like.

if you didn't bring any foul weather gear, this gives you time to go get some.

DON'T BE A 'GIRL SCOUT'.....BE A EAGLE SCOUT!